Town Clerk
Killingworth Town Clerk's Office UPDATE

Land record recordings are accepted by mail or expedited delivery to 323 Route 81, Killingworth, CT 06419, by deposit into the drop box at our main entrance or by delivery in person. A receipt can be emailed to you.

Usage of the vault/land records is by appointment and limited to 1 party (up to 2 people) at a time.  Routine title searches should still be performed online.  To access Killingworth's online Land Records please click the link in the “Resources” box on the right side of this page. Annual subscriptions are now $1 (NOT $50/year) with $1/page to print. Please pay special attention to the one-time prerequisites listed in bold print on the enrollment page.

If you have not renewed your dog's license, please do so as quickly as possible. To ensure the health of all parties and streamline the licensing process, we encourage you to renew your dog’s license by mail or through our drop box with a check payable to “Town of Killingworth”, or by clicking below using a credit card. To license a new pup, please contact our office.

Click to License Your Dog

Please contact the Town Clerk's Office at 860-663-1765 x502 or email with any questions or to schedule an appointment for, marriage licenses and vault reservations. If we don't answer, we are either on another call or away from our desks. We ask that you leave us a message and we will return the call as quickly as possible. Thank you and stay well.

The Town Clerk's Office is the first point of access to the town government for most Killingworth residents. We act as the liaison between residents and the town's government agencies, boards, and commissions. The Town Clerk is also the keeper of Killingworth's public records, including
  • Birth, Death , and Marriage certificates
  • Land Records including Deeds and maps (survey/ subdivision)
  • Veteran Discharge Papers (DD214's)
  • Board and commission agendas and minutes
  • Town Charter
  • Ordinances and Special Acts
Please see us for
  • Voter registration and absentee ballots for all elections and referenda
  • Marriage licenses
  • Dog licenses
  • Hunting and fishing licenses and guides
  • Notary Public Applications/Filing/ Certifying
  • Trade Name Certificates
  • Liquor permits
  • Justice of the Peace
  • Freedom of Information Act requests
If we cannot answer a question directly, we will point you in the right direction and help you find an answer.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do I have to license my dog? If so, how and when?
A. Dog licenses can be renewed either in person, or by mail during the month of June, and the license is valid July 1 through June 30. State law requires all dogs to be licensed by the Town Clerk's Office by six months of age. Owners must present proof that the dog has an up-to-date rabies vaccination and supporting documentation if the animal has been spayed or neutered. The fee for the license is $8.00 if spayed/neutered or $19.00 if intact. There is a $1.00 monthly late fee.

Q. I will be out of town on election/referendum day. How can I get an absentee ballot?
A. Connecticut law does not allow absentee voting by choice or early voting, but absentee ballots are available for specific reasons. You can download an application here or pick one up in the Town Clerk's Office. The application must be completed and returned to the Town Clerk's office before a ballot can be issued. Please check with us for specific dates of availability before elections.

Q. How do I get a marriage license?
A. A marriage license must be obtained from the Town Clerk's Office of the town in which the ceremony will take place. Both parties to the marriage must appear in person, with photo identification, and complete a Marriage License worksheet. The fee for a marriage license is $50.00, and the license is valid for 65 days.

A certified copy of a recorded marriage certificate is available for a cost of $20.00 from the Town Clerk's Office of the town where the wedding took place or the town of residence at the time of the ceremony. (Request for Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate)

Q. How do I get a copy of my or my child's birth certificate?
A. A certified copy of a birth certificate is available to eligible parties of at least eighteen years of age, with valid identification, in the Town Clerk's Office of the town in which the birth occurred or the town in which the mother resided at the time of the birth. (Request for Certified Copy of Birth Certificate) If the request is made by mail, a copy of the applicant's current photo identification must be attached. The cost of a full-sized certified copy is $20.00; a wallet-sized certified copy is $15.00.
Town of Killingworth
323 Route 81, Killingworth, CT 06419
Contact by Email